Friday, October 4, 2013

Acceptance Is Needed.

Hello my beautiful imagination readers! Been a while since I last updated and I can proudly say it is due to pure laziness that has been building and spreading itself inside of me for the last few weeks. Well, months I should say.

And everytime I find myself in the mood to update, my laptop wouldn't be there for me to realize my dreams. Sobs Sobs. Ok drama min. Drama.

So i guess the first question is, how have you guys been? Everyone I know is starting a new journey. A new path. A new adventure. Including yours truly. :)

So MONTHS ago. back when I was still fat and hopeless and useless at home, UPU results came out and Alhamdullilah, I was offered a spot in UM and USM as well. Both offered similar courses as well. TESL in UM or TESOL in USM. I had the most difficult time in picking between them actually whereas everyone around me could see the obvious choice I should make. Which is UM. I wondered myself. Why. Why was I having second thoughts on picking either of them. Why couldn't I make my decision in a heartbeat and be done with it?

Because it wasn't that simple as people thought it'd be. I'm going to be spending the most important four years of my life in one of these universities, of course I can't just simply pick. I can't rule USM out just because UM was the other choice, that would be judgemental. I needed to really pull out all the pros and cons.

Most people suggested UM because it was closer to home and it's in KL. And they say that like it's a good thing whereas I like being far from home. Or studying somewhere far. I like far. It gives me this sense of independence that I feel I can control with my own hands. So if it's distance I wanted, then the obvious choice would USM. But UM is like THE uni to go to. And I, Shamin Insyirah Roslan was offered a spot. Is it right for me to decline it?

Shortening the story, I chose USM for reasons that now seemed vague and unimportant to me. But oh well, I've made my decision and now I'm here.

I didn't really like USM at first.

No.


Not even one tiny bit. Just everything about it wreaks of "academic". That was when I started to wonder if I've made the wrong decision by choosing USM. Orientation was hell of course. It was even worse than the MDS i experienced in Jengka.


But it's been one month since I got here, and slowly I'm adjusting to everything. Slowly, I'm starting to love my life here. It's all about being positive people.

There's tons of things I'd still love to share but my writing have gone a little rusty and well, xde mood nak blog.

Ni pun sbb x nk kasi blog berhabuk je.

Till next time peeps.

No comments: