Sunday, February 7, 2016

Meteora's First Birthday Bash

I've been meaning to write a post on this one but I knew it was gonna be lengthy so I had to find the time and mood to do it or else I'd just do it halfway and never really complete the entry. 

Anywaaay so yeah, Meteoras had their first birthday celebration together. We were planning to do it last year since we're celebrating our 21st and Haz's 20th but due to everyone being busy with the semester and all we had no choice but to do it during our semester break which would not come until January this year. 

The way we decide who decides the theme and plan the birthday celebration altogether each year is by the month that we were born in. And so the person born the earliest among us, Najibah, got to decide our birthday theme celebration this year. 

Originally Jibs wanted a Greek theme. Like an authentic one. But due to lack of time and resources, the theme had turned into a white garden theme. Not anywhere near what we first had in mind but oh well, you gotta work with what you have and make the best of it. 

Personally I had trouble with the theme too as the only white thing I own is this white dress that I've been recycling everytime I need to wear white. It's the only thing I have in white and I rarely ever put it on due to my lack of preference for bright colours.

BUT it was Jibah's year and it was either that white dress or a white bed sheet-which I don't own either thanks to my love for darker colours again. -,- 

The day before the BIG DAY, we all decided to gather and prepare everything so that the next day we won't need to rush to get things done. The last time we gathered as six was Eid last year at my house and so it's been a while since we hung out and I got excited at the prospect that we're spending more than a few hours together. The biggest shocker that evening though was Najibah when she told us that she was going to sleep over at Bat's with us too. 

NEVER. 

NEVER in our five years of friendship has Jibah joined any of our sleepovers. Her parents never let her and we have long since accepted the fact that she may never join us for any sleepovers. So the fact that she was joining us for this one, DURING OUR FIRST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION TOGETHER nonetheless, it was very much a big deal for all of us. 

We gathered at Times Square since it was the most convenient place for everyone to go to, and some of us still needed to find attires of white. We spent the day finding clothes and buying ingredients to cook for tomorrow's menu before heading back to Bat's house and get everything ready for tomorrow. 

Since it was gonna be some sort of picnic in the garden kinda thing, we thought we'd prepare some food for the picnic. At first it was just the birthday cake that Bat has made for all six of us and egg sandwiches, But then we didn't think it would be enough so I decided to make Hong Kong Pie and Jibs made baked pasta. 

We had to wake up early the next morning to fry the pie and bake the pasta but that didn't stop us from talking till wee hours of the morning. Slept at 4.30, had to wake up at 6.30. Ala sleepover biasa la kan. You never really get any sleep during sleepovers anyway. 

We went to Taman Saujana Hijau(atleast that's what I think it's called) for the picnic and as much as I hate nature, I can't help but be amazed at the beauty of the place. Really. It was beautiful. I was told that it was a hot spot for couples to take wedding photos so figures. 

It is a great place to take beautiful photos and the surrounding matched our white garden theme perfectly. I don't know how Najibah picked the right place for our theme but she succeeded and the pictures couldn't have come out more beautiful. We really looked like angels in heaven gitewww. HAHAHAHAHHAHA ok that is an exaggerated compliment but I can't help it. The place and the white theme really made us look surreally ethereal. 

I want to upload the photos so bad but half of it are in my phone and those are some of the prettiest ones, so I think I'll just upload them in my next entry. 



No comments: