Sunday, February 7, 2016

One Hundred Foot Journey : Movie Review

ok truthfully the original reason I decided to watch this movie is because my friend told me the guy in the movie has the most amazing eyes and Juhi Chawla. HUGE FAN of Juhi Chawla I am. Though she only appeared like 10 minutes in the movie. 


One Hundred Foot Journey is about an Indian family who moved to Europe to start over their life when their house and their restaurant in India was burnt to the ground together with the protagonist's mother, Mama who is played by Juhi Chawla. haih.

Anyway, the main character, Hassan and his family moved to London in the hopes of a better life but their new residence there proved to be ill-suited for a restaurant and so they departed to mainland Europe.

I don't wanna go into too much story details, I mean obviously you have to watch the movie yourself to know the story. But basically the movie is about an indian family that moved to France due to certain circumstances and try to open up an indian restaurant there. But of course not everything is smooth sailing and they are met with challenges every single day, especially from the restaurant opposite theirs. The story centers around Hassan, the chef in the family. With his natural talent for cooking, it tells his journey in becoming one of the most wanted chef in France. while staying true to his roots and family.

Overall, I thought the movie was okay. Nothing too mind blowing or heart wrenching as I had expected. It wasn't as spectacular as my friend had made it to be, but I suggest you seek a second opinion on this matter as what intrigue me as "spectacular" or "mind blowing" is quite different than others.

One thing though, I like how the story evolved, how it showed that if you work hard enough and you believe in what you do, you can defy any odds. The father is beyond hilarious, watch it if only for the humourous father lol.

The cinematography here though is one that I should give huge compliments to. The one thing that stopped me from watching the movie halfway is the cinematography and how everything is filmed. The scenes, the surroundings, everything was so breathtaking like literally it took my breath away and I would watch it again just so I can imagine myself being there.

All in all, if you ask me, watch the movie for your own insights on it. I guess the movie is good because it can be interpreted in different ways depending on the audience. I might not see much depth in the movie but I know some of my friends who have alternative opinions.

I'd give it a 4.5 out 10

No comments: