Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What A Sunday

Finally. 

It's time. 

I am about to tell the whole story. What went down on that fateful Sunday. Which was actually just... three days ago. -.-

So I went on a mini road trip to Melaka last weekend with Batrisyia, Shira, Shady, and Puteri. The main reason we went to Melaka was because Bat wanted to visit the cafe that her high school best friend, Diyanah is currently doing her practical at.The cafe's name is #LeQue and yes pronounced as LEKIU. I didn't know so I mispronounced it as in LEAK. Anyway so Diyanah was someone I knew Bat was very close to. Diyanah is to Bat what Blood Sisters is to me. I knew that and to finally meet her was a touching moment on its own. Since Bat is also a very important person to me it was great to meet people who are important to her. 

Bat didn't tell Diyanah that we were coming so it came as a complete surprise to her when we arrived at #LeQue. Short review of the food we had there, they were simply delicious. I tried their carbonara which tasted divine and their creme bulee is TO DIE FOR. So if you go to Melaka and looking for someplace new to eat #LeQue is quite a great place and MAKE SURE you try the creme bulee it's worth every penny. 

So yeah we met Diyanah and turned out Bat wasn't the only one with surprises. Diyanah dropped the news while she was sitting with all of us, waiting for our food to come. She's getting engaged! And of course we were ALL lost for words. I mean to me this is a priceless moment. Telling your best friend that you're getting engaged and possibly get married soon is a huge moment. And I was there to witness one happening right in front of my eyes. The look on Bat's face was just how I expected it. Speechless, shocked and just plain numb. For the first few seconds there wasn't even a hint of happiness or joy in Bat's face. It was just plain shock and disbelief. And really I can't blame her, her best friend, her other soul, long before meteoras came along, had just told her that she's going to get engaged which basically means I'm gonna be married soon.  Bat was trying to process everything that is happening before her and when everything had sunken in, that happiness and joy for her friend that I've been waiting finally showed on her face and it was just so amazing to see. Putting Bat aside we were all shocked too. I mean can you imagine meeting someone for the first time and they suddenly announced that they're getting hitched. 

So that was the first surprise of the day, 

#LeQue's interior to me honestly, is just very common. It looks like any typical indie hipster cafe and there was nothing particularly unique about the design. The walls were all painted blue. Too blue for me but that is not to say the cafe wasn't pretty. Just the same pretty you'd probably find in any hipster cafe tryna make it big these days. 




From left (front) : Batrisyia, Diyanah (with the glasses), Puteri (the pink tudung)
From Left (Back) : yours truly, Shira. Shady.




Some of the photos we managed to take at #LeQue in all the haste and unending chit-chats. It's a good place if you wanna take instagram-like photos and enjoy great food at the same time. Overall I give #LeQue a 8/10 and they should thank the creme bule for my generous rating ceeeeh. 

After filling our stomachs, we decided to stroll along Jonker Walk. We did come across that ice cream pasu bunga thing, quite a few times actually but we were too full to try any so yes I ended up going to Melaka without trying the pasu bunga ice cream though I didn't think it was a waste I didn't try. I mean it's just ice cream in a pasu bunga -,- . Anyway the girls wanted to try that coconut ice cream called sangkaya or something I forgot the name but I didn't take any cause I don't eat coconut. On our way back Shira bought this pink bag she had her eye on when we stumbled upon it on our way to the sangkaya place and she was debating whether she should buy it or not.

She did buy it. RM 60. I would've bought it if I had more than rm100 in my pocket but ah well.


Shady's mom wanted her to buy nyonya laksa before we make our way to her home and I ended up buying one myself despite my full tummy and let me tell you omg the nyonya laksa TASTED SOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD ughhhhhhhh.

Anyway the second surprise that day came when we finally got tired of walking and decided to walk back to the car to move to our next place of visit. We were almost reaching the car park when Bat got a call from Diyanah asking us to wait for her cos she wanted to join us. And I was thinking to myself, can she just get off work like that?

Here comes the second surprise of the day, well I can't tell you exactly what it is because it does involve people's personal matters that I know they rather not let people online know but let me just put it this way. If someone is taken. If someone is engaged and getting married. Then it's time for you as the other person to back off. To admit defeat and not force the person you love to still try and feel something for you. And if that person you happen to love is your colleague and she rejected you, please have a sense of professionalism as a working man. Never. EVER. mix your personal feelings with business or work. EVER. I'll stop here.

Anyway after what happen at her work place, Diyanah joined us for the rest of our melaka rendezvous, We went straight to Shady's house after that and I met with her mom and her little brother Ali. Got to chat with her mom while I was DEVOURING my nyonya laksa. Honestly I'm not really good in communicating with my friends' parents. I find them very intimidating and one wrong move from me could make them hate me forever. As I always do make the wrong moves and create misunderstandings, I always end up being extra quiet among friends' parents. But Shady's mom turned out to be a very relaxing person and it even took me by surprise when I easily opened up to her. Shady got dark chocolates from Kazakhstan which was just DIVINE.


Anyway while waiting for Asar prayers we all got to lepak at Shady's room and finally let Diyanah tell us her full story of what happened. Now comes the third surprise. Due to the recent conflict that occurred at Diyanah's workplace she was thinking of doing her practical somewhere else (Till this day idk if she decided to stay with LeQue or she had transferred to another place to do her practical in peace). The surprise this time came in the form of a text telling Diyanah that now she holds the executive position in making all the decisions regarding the cafe now. Out. of. the. blue. She's only been there a month. Anyway that is an entire problem in itself and I don't feel like I have the right to explain or elaborate this matter any further. I actually feel like I've told too much already.

We went to Klebang around six. Shady's lil bro tagged along. People who know me well know that I'm quite awkward around kids. And Ali was no exception. And the fact that he was one of those kids who isn't shy to strangers did not help either. I tried my best to at least respond when he speaks to me but it just made it clear that I need more practice. Though I was quite flattered when he said I was the most beautiful lady there among all the other ladies. And to be called most beautiful when gorgeous women like Shira and Bat are just beside you is just something. Ali is the first boy that I ever got a sincere compliment from. Like literally the first from his gender. So it felt nice.






We didn't take much pictures here as well. Lost track of time enjoying ourselves we forgot to capture moments. A shame really.

The fourth surprise came when we were all settled in at one of the food stalls for our dinner and this time the surprise was on me.

I decided to open SNS after a whole day of ignoring it because I was afraid something on it might just ruined my whole escapism mood today.

I should've waited a little longer.

I should've stick to my original instinct and open it when I'm at home and safe in the confine of my own room and I can cry and bawl my eyes out without needing to hold anything in.

I was scrolling lazily through my twitter when I came across the first photos of kris and luhan together at the event everyone was talking about. The event that possibly would reunite Luhan and Kris. And I just broke down right there. Crying my eyes out. I will blog about this one of these days because this news deserve a post of its own and this one has already gotten too long/

Anyway I was feeling soooo upset and confused and my emotions were at unstable rate again. I just need to make it stable again. I needed to do something that would distract me from my unexplained sad emotions. I needed something to make me happy. So I did the only thing I knew that could bring a little bit of happiness in my currently tired life. I quit my job.

Surprise number five.

It wasn't just a surprise to the rest of the girls, it was a shock to me too because I really thought I was gonna hold it out another week before I quit for good. But I just can't imagine myself dealing with the stress at work when all I could think about is how to calm myself and get back to my normal self for the next few weeks. So I quit.

And gawd it felt good,

Due to the overwhelming happiness I was feeling I was able to get my emotional state back to normal and put Diyanah's worry to rest lol. Cos she was so worried when she saw me broke down after I saw the news about Kris and Luhan.

What a Sunday everybody, what a Sunday. How I told it might not seem that dramatic as I have made it to be but trust me it was.




No comments: