Thursday, January 29, 2015

Inevitably Unpredictable Future.

So I was watching the move Click the other day, the one where Adam Sandler had a chance to see what his life would be like if he decided to continue with the path he chose right now and then relive it all again so that he can make everything all better.

Now there's a part that I'd like to highlight from the movie. It was the part where the remote had went on auto and it skipped to the really distant future. It had skipped to the year 2017 and there was this scene where Adam Sandler was driving up to his old house and the news that was on his car's radio could be heard. The news went a little something like this.

"It's almost the end of the year 2017. Britney Spears gave birth to her 23rd baby and Kevin Federline has finally considered getting a job."

We're currently in the year 2015. Britney still have only two sons and she's doing so great with both her career and personal life. And no one's heard from Kevin Federline for so long (well in Malaysia that is. haven't heard from him since his divorce from Britney.)

Point here is now matter how many times we predict the future it'll always be as unpredictable as though we haven't thought about it all. Hence the quote, we can only plan, the rest is up to Him.

And it's funny if you think about it, if we hear that line in the movie on the year it came out we would probably laugh and think it might actually just happen. But you watch it now and you realize just how impossible all of that is.

Azalea and I are probably one of the biggest example of that. We were arch enemies back in high school. And I never thought in a MILLION YEARS we'd be best friends. That she'd be one of those people who I know would support me no matter what. Because back then it just seemed impossible. Like I just can never see it happen and for a while I even told myself that I'd never let myself get close and be friends with her, I will not let it happen. But see? Unpredictable future.

And since then I've always been thinking how my future would mold. And it got me to stop SEEING or IMAGINING how it would look like. I can't even visualize anything anymore due to the inevitably unpredictable. At times it gives jitters all over my body, at times it gives me goosebumps. Things might turn out for the worst, which is what I have always expected, I just don't know what form it would take. Or things might turn out good in totally most unexpected ways. All I know now is that it's coming. Whatever's coming with it is ineluctable.

And I won't be prepared for it.


Exciting in its horrificness.

No comments: